Prolong the Life of Your Venetian Blinds with a Proper Maintenance Routine
Window blinds can be an expensive investment to your home, and it requires regular maintenance and service to make them look fresh and new always. With proper cleaning and maintenance routine, you don’t have to replace them for a long time. To keep your window blinds dust and dirt-free, a weekly or fortnightly vacuum is all you need to begin.
From timber Venetian blinds to PVC Venetian blinds online, there are different types of window blinds online, and they require different cleaning techniques. So, before starting your cleaning or maintenance work, you must learn how to clean each material without damaging them during the cleaning process.
One of the significant advantages of cleaning Venetian blinds is that they can be cleaned at home at a less cost than curtains, which requires dry cleaning or laundry.
Wood Venetian Blinds
Wood Venetian blinds, also called timber Venetian blinds are the most preferred window treatment option among the homeowners as they provide a natural look and feel to any space. Since they are a natural product, they need some extra care to prolong the life of these blinds. Here is the cleaning technique you must follow for wood window blinds.
- Give wood Venetian blinds a dust over before starting the cleaning procedure.
- Use a feather duster to give a light dusting by tilting the slats up and below.
- Do this procedure weekly to prevent the accumulation of dust in your blinds.
- Giving a dust over and using a feather duster prepares the blinds for deep cleaning.
- You can also run a vacuum cleaner along the slats to deep clean Venetian blinds.
- Don’t use any harsh chemicals or get the blinds wet as it can shorten the lifespan of timber Venetian blinds.
PVC Venetian Blinds
PVC Venetian blinds are well-known for their simple maintenance. These blinds are water-resistant and also withstand hot temperatures and humidity due to their capability to withstand tough conditions and made up of durable materials.
- Like wood Venetian blinds, tilt the slats in the upward position and start dusting using a feather duster or a dry cloth.
- Repeat the same process by tilting the slats in the downward position.
- After dusting, clean the slats with a damp cloth to remove the dirt and dust sticking to the slats of the PVC Venetian blinds.
- This procedure can be done repeatedly by tilting the slats upwards, downwards, or by opening them.
- During the cleaning process, make sure to damp the cloth repeatedly and change the water whenever necessary.
The Bottom Line
Venetian blinds are the significant investment to any home, and proper maintenance is required to prolong their lifetime. Use the right cleaning techniques to clean the window blinds to avoid replacing them for a long time.