Cleaning your timber Venetian blinds
Venetian blinds are extremely attractive to look at and convenient to use. However, when it comes to cleaning them, they can be a bit of a challenge.
Here are a few tricks to consider when you are cleaning your wooden venetian blinds.
- Before you start cleaning, check the blinds thoroughly for any specific spots or stains that you need to fight.
- To remove these stains, rub a paper towel on the affected area.
- If the stains are tough to remove, you may want to use a wood cleaner before you start the cleaning process.
- Apply some wood cleaner on a soft cloth and wipe off the stain with the cloth.
- Now, you can start the light cleaning of the timber venetians. Make sure the blinds are closed and flat before you begin.
- Use a light feather, wool or microfiber duster to dust the blinds. Try to use the brush downwards rather than upwards to make sure that the slats do not get unhooked.
- Using a vacuum cleaner is also an option, but make sure you do so only with a soft brush attachment. This is because the other attachments can be damaging to your wooden blinds.
- Wipe each slat with a soft, dry cloth or paper towel. You can also wear cotton gloves or an old pair of socks and simply run your fingers through every slat.