It does not matter if you are doing it for practical reasons or you just want to be more decorative, but selecting the perfect blinds can turn your boring room into an interesting one. There are a lot of varieties of blinds online. So, you do not have an excuse about why you cannot research properly on the right blinds.
The secret to a better style and purpose is in the proper selection of blinds. Read these tips below so you are guided on which type of blinds to use in your home.
- 1) Among the many variations of blinds, the most common ones are the Venetian blinds and Roman blinds. Venetian blinds often look more elegant while Roman blinds can offer more versatility and flexibility.
- 2) Roman blinds would almost never go out of style. However, when you are constantly adjusting them to open and close, the cords used on them will need to be replaced because they could weaken and suddenly snap.
- 3) If you are looking for blinds to use in your kitchen windows, it would be wise to use roller blinds. Roller blinds usually have a protective coat around the material and it can protect the material from being affected by the moist and humid environment of the kitchen.
- 4) Venetian blinds are classic and although they are not as stylish as other Roman blinds online, they will allow you to have more control over how much light you want to enter your room. This is primarily because a Venetian blind can be adjusted up and down and from side to side.
- 5) If the room you plan to put window treatments in is used in many functions, the best thing to do is to blend curtains and blinds together. This will give a more versatile window dressing that will look perfect during the day and even at night.
- 6) In the bedroom, the perfect blinds would be those that have blackout linings. This type of blinds would normally be available as custom-made ones. You want a blind that can completely cover the frame. Also, it would be ideal to use uniform blinds or blinds that have the same style and material so that even if you have a lot of windows, they still give off a cohesive look.
- 7) If you are looking for blinds to use in a room where kids frequent, it is ideal to choose the type of blinds that are cordless or those that contain a spring mechanism so that it is safer.
Different Styles with Blinds
Mixing and combining different window treatments like blinds, shades, and curtains can bring a lot of difference in your room. Here are some suggested styles that may be perfect for your room.
- 1) Double Exposure
- If you have a twin window in your room, the best thing to do is to buy Roman blinds online that have the same striped pattern and colour combination. This will break the plain solid colour of the walls. Moreover, adjusting the height of the two blinds in varying heights can help you have a better control of the amount of light entering the room.
- 2) Beautiful and Bright
- If you are aiming for a bright, young, vibrant, and a more feminine style, you can use a roller blind with a floral print. The fancy print of the blinds will bring attention to the window and it can be the break you need from the dull colours of the room. Additionally, you can use a roller blind made with a lightweight fabric so that even if the blind is rolled down, a little light can still enter the room.
- 3) Fine Lines
- If you are more accustomed to lines and the design of the room is characterised by lines, you can blend in a Venetian blind with it. Often, your living room, kitchen, and bathrooms will be full of lines. Using a Venetian blind or a vertical blind in these rooms will help accentuate the fine lines already present. You can choose from a wide variety of materials for the blinds like wood, metal, and plastic. However, you have to remember that wood may not be that suitable for moist environments so you do not want to use them in the bathroom or the kitchen.
No matter how modern and advanced we already are in terms of our living conditions, there is still no doubt that using blinds will always be a possible choice when we are thinking about upgrading the styles of our interior design. So, if you have time, shop for the best blinds online and start getting creative!