7 Tips to Help you Buy the Right Blinds
Whether for Practical or Aesthetic Intentions, choosing the right blinds for each room is a fundamental skill needed for creating the perfect home environment.
Blind Selection Tips
The secret to achieving the most optimum style and utility is in the proper selection of blinds. Read the tips below as a guide on which type of blinds to use in your home.
- Roman Blinds offer Versatility: Among the many variations of blinds, the most common ones are the Venetian blinds and Roman blinds. Of the two most common options, Roman blinds offer some of the best overall versatility in whatever space they adorn by providing moderate benefits from all classes of blinds. However there are some areas you would not use them; for example Roman Blinds may not be the best option in wet/humid spaces as the same soft fabric that helps to dampen noise can also trap moisture.
- Venetian Blinds Control Light Best: Venetian blinds are an elegant classic and they will allow you to have more control over how much light you want to enter your room. This is primarily because a Venetian blind can be adjusted up and down and from side to side to channel and adjust light according to preference. If you are looking to add these dynamic blinds to your bathroom or kitchen area, opt for a PVC material that will be both heat and moisture resistant.
- Roller Blinds can also work in the Kitchen: Roller Blinds are an excellent choice when you want a clean, modern and minimalist look in your home; but if you are looking for roller blinds to use on your kitchen windows, it would be wise to use roller blinds with a protective coating on the material which can protect it from being affected by the moist and humid environment of the kitchen.
- Vertical Blinds are often the most economical option: This is because the hanging strips can be added to accommodate any length of window and come in a variety of materials some of which are very affordable to produce. They are also easy to clean and replace due to these same factors.
- Blackout Linings are a must in the Bedroom: In the bedroom, the perfect blinds would be those that have blackout linings to maximize privacy as well as noise and light insulation. This type of blind would normally be available custom-made. You want a blind that can completely cover the frame. Also, it would be ideal to use uniform blinds or blinds that have the same style and material so that even if you have a lot of windows, they still give off a cohesive look.
- For Maximum Day-to-Night Flexibility, Blend your Blinds: If the room you plan to put window treatments in is used in many different ways, the best thing to do is to blend curtains and blinds together. This will give a more versatile window dressing that will look perfect during the day or night and will be able to let in or keep out as much or as little as you wish.
- It is a Matter of Life and Death to Consider Safety around Kids: Some people may not be aware that there have been serious injuries and even fatalities when small children have become tangled in unsecured hanging cords. So if you are looking for blinds to use in a room which kids frequent, it is important to choose the types of blinds that are cordless or those that contain a spring mechanism so that it is safe to let children move around in those environments.
Different Styles with Blinds
Mixing and combining different window treatments like blinds, shades, and curtains can bring a lot of difference in your room. Here are some suggested styles that may be perfect for your room.
If you have a twin window in your room, the best thing to do is to buy Roman blinds online that have the same striped pattern and colour combination. This will break the plain solid colour of the walls. Moreover, adjusting the height of the two blinds in varying heights can help you have a better control of the amount of light entering the room.
Beautiful and Bright
If you are aiming for a bright, young, vibrant, and a more feminine style, you can use a roller blind with a floral print. The fancy print of the blinds will bring attention to the window and it can be the break you need from the dull colours of the room. Additionally, you can use a roller blind made with a lightweight fabric so that even if the blind is rolled down, a little light can still enter the room.
If you are more accustomed to lines and the design of the room is characterised by lines, you can blend in a Venetian blind with it. Often, your living room, kitchen, and bathrooms will be full of lines. Using a Venetian blind or a vertical blind in these rooms will help accentuate the fine lines already present. You can choose from a wide variety of materials for the blinds like wood, metal, and plastic. However, you have to remember that wood may not be that suitable for moist environments so you do not want to use them in the bathroom or the kitchen.
No matter how modern and advanced we already are in terms of our living conditions, there is still no doubt that using blinds will always be a possible choice when we are thinking about upgrading the styles of our interior design. So, if you have time, shop for the best blinds online and start getting creative!
Once you know roughly what you need, check out our customizable blinds below and click through to find your best fit today.